As a church or business, your organization is uniquely positioned to partner with America World to support adoption and orphan care initiatives worldwide. Here are ways churches can support our work during National Adoption Month.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
We are unable to do this life-changing work without God’s help. Please have your staff and congregants keep us in your prayers throughout the month of November. As we seek to obey His call to look after the fatherless, we have to rely on God. Please commit to standing alongside us in prayer as we work towards finding a Christian home for every adoptable orphan.
- Ethiopia Adoption - This work is not without its moments of heartbreak. Tears have been shed over the news of Ethiopia’s move towards discontinuing international adoption permanently. Pray with us that this does not happen.
- For our staff - Ask God to give our staff love for our families, steadfastness in times of uncertainty and humble hearts that seek to serve our God.
"He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8
- For the children - Ask God to protect all orphans from physical and mental illness, and physical harm. Most of all, please pray with us for many families to come forward to adopt the children who are still waiting.
We realize God hasn't called every family to adopt, but we know He has called his body to watch over the fatherless. We rely on the generosity of our donors to help fund our orphan care initiatives, missions programs, as well as post-adoption services for adoptive parents. Your tax-deductible donation is an incredible way to partner with us to ensure more orphans are loved and cared for by our staff and partners.
At America World and One Orphan stories are at the heart of what we do. By sharing your adoption story, the story of children from a mission trip, or simply sharing about one of the children waiting for a forever family on social media, you can help change the life of a child.
- Pray for ways you can inform your congregation about the doctrine of adoption and the orphan crisis in a special sermon or announcement.
- Consider recounting your adoption experience with your congregation.
- Encourage each family in your church participate in orphan care by partnering with America World through prayer, financial giving, and advocacy on social media. Scripture is clear about our Father’s heart for orphans and his commandments to defend them.
- Request our info booklets to share with your church. Consider having these available in your pews or church reception year round.
- Share an America World video at your church.
- HASHTAG CAMPAIGN - Your church can partner with One Orphan for a unique marketing opportunity. Email Joe.Wilson@OneOrphan.org to sign up for a hashtag campaign that will not only benefit orphan care initiatives but your church communications efforts as well.
- ADOPTION FUND - Launch an adoption fund at your church in partnership with Lifesong for Orphans. Share how the fund will be used to support families in the process. Consider highlighting families who have adopted and allow them to testify about how adoption grants and funds can greatly bless a family in the adoption process.