Season of Hope 2018
For over two decades, November has been officially named National Adoption Month, a time when the entire nation is invited to celebrate and raise awareness for adoption and foster care. This is a perfect time for America World to kick off our yearly Season of Hope.
In preparation for the Season of Hope, our America World family took 21 days to pray and fast for adoption, orphans, and our agency. We thank you for all those who supported us in prayer.
Through November, we would love to invite you to help us raise awareness for National Adoption Month and especially Orphan Sunday (November 11th).
Ways You Can Help:
We are praying to mobilize U.S churches and their congregants to partner with America World in our calling to care for orphans and other vulnerable children. We believe that the church is uniquely positioned to partner with us to dramatically make a change in the adoption world and orphan care initiatives worldwide.
Throughout November, please consider asking your church to partner with America World/One Orphan. We have set up a section on our website that includes a list of ways your church can help. There, you will also find an America World church bulletin insert that can be downloaded and a video to share with your congregation.
“Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ.”
1 Corinthians 12:12
Not everyone is called to adopt, but all believers are called to care for orphans. There are many different ways you can partner with America World to serve and share your gifts to honor the Lord. This Season of Hope, we would like to invite our America World families to:
- Pray - Our work would not be possible outside of the will and power of our Lord. The intricacies of each adoption story to the ever-changing landscape of international adoption lay in His hands. Find out ways that you can pray specifically for orphans, adoption and our staff at: https://awaa.org/prayer-champion/
- Fundraise - We’re calling all orphan advocates, young and old, to share your time and talents by hosting your own fundraising event in honor of America World.
Get your kids involved by helping them set up lemonade stands, sell slime or host a bake sale after church on Orphan Sunday (November 11th). From dedicating your Turkey Trot or your birthday to hosting a fundraising dinner, there are many ways you can help America World further our reach.
To set up your own fundraiser online, click the button below. There you will find step-by-step instructions on how to start your own fundraiser.
Your Christmas Shopping Also Helps!
- Share - Consider sharing your adoption story at church, school, or on social media. Let others know how adoption has uniquely changed your life and inspire others to do the same.
- Smile - Donate to America World while you do your holiday shopping through Amazon.com! Here's how you can help:
- Log in to smile.amazon.com using your existing Amazon.com account.
- Designate America World Adoption Association as your charity of choice.
- Do you shopping at smile.amazon.com every time you shop Amazon to continue to help support orphans all year long!
We are unable to do this life-changing work without God’s help. Thank you for your continued partnership.