America World is very excited to have nine older orphaned children from China as part of our spring hosting session Welcoming Angels program. These children will be staying with our host families! These children are ready to come to the United States for 2-1/2 weeks and our program is open for families interested in hosting to complete the application! The hosting dates are June 24th to July 13th.
All of these children are healthy and adoptable. There are both boys and girls available to host and the age range is 10 - 13. To view the photo listing of the children, go to our Waiting Children page, log in using the password “angel”, click 'Search by Country' and click on 'Welcoming Angels'.
To become a host family, please begin the online application process. After creating a new account, select "International Adoption" from the application choices drop-down. After completing the application, select "Application Fee - Hosting" from the fee options for the reduced hosting application fee of $100. Once you complete your application, the next step is to start working with your social worker to complete your home safety check and background checks. America World will work with you through each of these steps.
Through Welcoming Angels, America World hopes to place children ages 10–13 with loving, Christian, adoption-minded families, as well as families who are interested in advocating for these children. Host families will serve in this way during a two-and-a-half week hosting session. This current hosting session is specifically for families who live within a three hour drive of the Washington, DC metro region.
Hosting Program Costs
The hosting fees is roughly $2,000 per child*. This cost includes an application fee, social work services, training for the host family, travel documents and airfare for the Chinese child. Host families may choose to fundraise part of the hosting cost.
*Exact costs will be quoted when the host program is confirmed for your area.
Registration Steps for Interested Host Families
- Complete the full AW "International" application online ($100 to be paid online): Apply Here
- Upon approval, you will be given the hosting agreement for your signature, as well as medical examination and background check instructions.
- Your America World social worker will contact you to schedule a Home Safety Visit/Family Interview.
- Your social worker will finalize your Host Family Approval and your Host Family Training will be scheduled with the other host families in the program.
- The potential host child information will be presented to your family for review.
Please email Rob Henneberg with questions or call 800-429-3369 to learn more about begin a host family this summer!
#BeAStoryteller by Welcoming Angels