We would love to share your adoption story on our AWAA blog or social media. As you know, we have a huge need for more families to come forward for boys as well as older children (ages 8-13) through the China Waiting Child program. It’s such an encouragement to share stories of previous adopters with those who are considering adoption or who would like to become involved in orphan advocacy.
America World needs families to serve as references, advocates, storytellers and prayer partners, especially for boys of any age or older children ages 8-13! There are so many ways you could be involved, many of which only take a few moments of your time.
- Be a reference - Email our PR department and you may get contacted 1-2 times a year by a family considering adopting
- Share a photo - Email a photo of your family with a copy of the media consent form so other families can be encouraged and inspired to see you united with your child.
- Share your story - Write up your adoption story or testimony; it can be from your perspective or anyone in your family. There are samples on our blog.
- Pray for a waiting child - Join AWAA in praying for our Waiting Children by choosing a specific child on our Waiting Child list and praying for that child. We know there is nothing that is too difficult for God so we want to unite as His body to lift up the needs of the fatherless.
- There are even more ways you can be involved such as participating in a mission trip, hosting a child, or fundraising and you can view those details on the Storyteller blog.
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in which way you would like to help and include the media consent form. If you have any questions please feel free to contact our Director of Public Relations, Mike Stone, at email@example.com. Thank you for prayerfully considering how you may be involved in advocating for the fatherless.