“Kids for Change” Begins Today!
Hey, kids! Today begins our “Kids for Change” campaign and we want to see you get involved! The video above, produced by some of our America World kids, explains how simple it is to create a positive change in the lives of orphans. Each month we will remind you with another video, and we'll begin announcing winners in May!
To get started, just follow the simple directions below:
- With your parents help, send an email to Michelle.Reed@awaa.org to request a coin collection box. Please make sure you include your name, address, and a little about yourself. (You can also create your own box and surprise us!)
- Michelle will send you a coin collection box so you can get started on your masterpiece.
- Collect change from friends, family, your church family, and your community using the special one-of-a-kind box that YOU created.
- On the last day of the month, ask your parents to help you count the change you have collected and send Michelle an email to let her know your total!
- Send Michelle a photo of your uniquely decorated coin collection box.
- Ask an adult to help you turn the change into a check made out to AWAA with your name and “Kids for Change” in the memo line.
- On the 10th day of the next month, watch your email and the America World blog for the announcement of our winners for the month.
Each month we will award 2 winners! The kid with the most creatively decorated box AND the kid that raises the most money for the month will receive a prize. Both winners will also have a chance to be featured on the America World blog (with parents permission) and we will tell everyone how you did!
Ready, set, go! We will give you a head start. Get your undecorated box from Michelle, or start creating your own a few days early and watch the America World blog for the first “Kids for Change Contest” video on April 1st!
If you meet someone that wants to donate more than their loose change they can simply write a check to AWAA with “Kids for Change” and your name in the memo line. All donations are tax deductible and donors that pay by check or credit card will receive a tax receipt.
* All donations will go towards supporting AWAA’s adoption programs.
* Contest open for kids ages 0-18 years old.