Is International Adoption Still a Good Option?
By Anna Graham, COO of America World
In September, I had the pleasure of attending the Christian Alliance for Orphans Summit in Oklahoma City with Debby DeRosa, our Marketing and Social Media Manager. We enjoyed connecting with several of our adoptive parents as well as people who work in organizations that serve in many different facets of orphan advocacy and care. America World had a booth at the conference, and visitors repeatedly asked us some version of this question…
“Is International Adoption Still a Good Option?”
During the pandemic and for some time afterward, many feared the answer to this question was no. And as we have shared our struggles over the years and have witnessed many changes in our profession, we can understand the concerns.
However, I am happy to inform you that I believe the answer to this question is YES. We are seeing a steady increase in families interested in building their families through international adoption, and we have the infrastructure ready to meet this need.
America World Strengths:
- We are licensed to provide adoption and home study services in 20 states, making us the Christian adoption agency covering the most territory in the United States.
- We can provide adoptions in all 50 states with the help of trusted partners.
- Our India program continues to be strong, with our referrals of children from India increasing by 20% this year compared to last year. For more information, read this recent report from India Program Director Lisa Adams-Reese.
- Three children came home from Haiti in September, and we continue to work closely with families at various stages of the process.
- We have opened programs in Bulgaria and Ecuador. Plus, a new Colombia program is coming soon!
- We continue to serve our waiting China families at no additional cost to them, and we pray those who are already matched to children will be able to bring them home.
We realize adoption will not solve the orphan crisis worldwide, but we know this option fills a crucial need for the individual children and families who can experience this miracle.
In addition, our humanitarian programs offer ways to serve orphans who do not have the opportunity to be adopted, and we strive to preserve original family structures when possible.
Partner with Us
As you pray about how you will invest your funds in end-of-the-year giving, please consider a donation to America World’s Season of Hope campaign.
Your partnership is vital to the future of our mission. As long as the Lord allows us, we will build families according to God’s design of adoption while caring for vulnerable children around the world.
We appreciate your role in this work.
Thank you so much!