There are many waiting children in India who are in need of forever families! Our India program is open for families who are open to a special needs or older child adoption. A waiting child can be an older child who is healthy or a child of any age who has a medical need. Some recent waiting children have been:
- an 8 year old girl with an elbow deformity
- a 4 year old girl with developmental delays
- a 22 month old girl with HIV
- a 3 ½ year old boy with a blood condition and developmental delay
- a 3 year old boy with developmental delays
- an 11 ½ year old girl with cerebral palsy and developmental delays
For families interested in learning more about adopting a child with special needs or an older child can contact AWAA for more information. Additionally, we recommend several adoption advocacy groups such as Love Without Boundaries and No Hands But Ours who have educational resources for adoptive parents.