Free Webinar – Citizenship & Re-Adoption
Join us on September 28, 2017, at 1:00 pm EST for a live webinar with our presenter, Karen S. Law, PLC, who will address these frequently asked questions regarding Citizenship and Re-adoption.
- What is DACA and will it affect our finalized adoption?
- My adoption occurred after the Child Citizenship Act of 2000, so wasn’t my child declared a US Citizen automatically?
- Why do I need to have a Certificate of Citizenship for my child? Won’t a U.S. passport do?
- What are the benefits of a re-adoption? When is the best time to re-adopt? Who do I contact?
- Do I really need to re-adopt if the adoption was finalized overseas?
- What if my child’s actual age differs from the age on the foreign documents?
REGISTER HERE to join us!
Karen Law is an adoption attorney practicing in the state of Virginia and a fellow of the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys. She represents adoptive parents and birthparents in private, agency, international, step-parent, and relative adoptions.