The Network of Family Service Professionals, Inc. presents the Ethiopian New Year’s Celebration scheduled for Friday, September 9 beginning at 5 pm at the Durant Arts Center (1605 Cameron Street, Alexandria, VA). This Celebration will be a way to connect Ethiopian adoptive families with other families, and to connect these families with the Greater Alexandria community through the celebration of the rich Ethiopian cultural traditions.
As we stated, we want families who have adopted Ethiopian children, and others who attend, to celebrate the Ethiopian New Year with all of their senses:
• SEE– the colorful decorations and cultural attire;
• HEAR – the Ethiopian music and rhythms;
• SMELL – the aroma of the Ethiopian coffee, pastries and food;
• TASTE – Ethiopian culture through enjoying food samplings and coffee;
• FEEL – the spirit of the New Year and dance the night away.
The event is 5-10 pm and tickets are $5 per person.