America World India Program & Webinar
1) The Need: We continue to see an increase in the number of young children available for adoption through the India program. Of the families that are currently referred children, over 50% of those families are matched with children under age two. These are children with medical needs, which range from mild to moderate. The Indian government has also specifically asked that agencies make them aware of families open to healthy children age 8 and above, so that they may match them quickly. There is also a great need for families open to children that are HIV positive.
2) The Timeframe: A waiting child adoption can be completed in as little as 18-24 months and we continue to see families matched quickly after their home study is complete.
3) The Support: America Worldâ€™s India families have a family coordinator that personally walks them through the process from start to finish, and then connects when with our post adoption support as soon as they are home from India.
4) The Experience: America Worldâ€™s India staff have over 20 years experience working specifically with adoptions from India. Our staff has personally visited over 30 orphanages.
5) The Call: We believe God has a plan for each child that is waiting in India for their forever family. We believe that in advocating for these children we are partnering with Him in his call to care of these â€œleast of these.â€ Would you consider whether God is calling you to build your family through an adoption from India?
You can learn more about this growing program by joining us for a free “Adopting from India” webinar on Tuesday, June 16th at 12:30 PM, Eastern time. Our India staff will be leading this informative webinar and will give an overview of the program, the children available, and will answer any questions you may have.